Sunday, October 13, 2019

Blue Star Mothers October 8, 2019

Tonight we are painting for Blue Star Mothers and Families. When I was talking to people about this month's event, many people had no idea who or what a Blue Star was all about. They knew about Gold Star Mothers, but so many of them had never heard of Blue Star Mothers. For those of you who do not know what I am talking about... I will explain.  Gold Star Mothers  are mothers, step-mothers, adoptive mothers, or foster mothers  whose son or daughter has died while serving in the military. Blue Star Mothers are  mothers, step-mothers, adoptive mothers, or foster mothers  whose son or daughter are serving overseas in our military. 

Our chapter has painted for Gold Star Mothers, Veterans, and Service Men and Women... and we knew it was time that we painted for Blue Star Mothers. Their sacrifice to our country does not go unnoticed.

The hearts we painted tonight will be given to Blue Star Mothers in Stratford and other nearby communities. 


(Click on a photo to be taken to a larger view)

I decided to show a photo of my car, because everyone on the HoH committee always marvels how organized I am, and that includes my car. It is amazing how everything has a specific place in the back of the car. 






We always have people register on Eventbrite, but this is the first time anyone printed off the tickets! I love organized teenagers, there is hope for our future!







 My new friend, Jennifer.



 Sadly, it's almost time for Carolyn to head back to Florida. I am going to miss her very much!!!






Robbie!


 Former 5th grade parents of mine came out to paint with us.


















Join us in November when we paint for Veterans. Our guest speakers will be the Dream Team Moms.
























No comments:

Post a Comment