Thursday, April 12, 2018

Angel Gown Project Seamstresses and the Bridgeport Hospital NICU

Tonight we painted to two causes, the volunteer seamstresses who create the most amazing gowns for the Angel Gown Project and for the families who have children in the Bridgeport Hospital Newborn ICU. Both groups are such worthwhile causes. 


The Angel Gown Project is part of a nonprofit organization called Real Imprints. It is an ongoing project that brings hope and healing to families that have lost a baby too soon. How this program works is:   A bride donates her beautiful wedding gown. The wedding gown is then sent to a volunteer seamstress who lovingly turns it into Angel Gowns. These Angel Gowns are delivered to hospitals and given to families whose precious baby will never be coming home with them. It provides these families with a beautiful outfit to dress their precious baby in for their final journey. Angel Gowns are a gift of love from both a bride and a seamstress to honor not only a precious baby, but their family as well.


April 10, 2018
click on a photo to be taken to a larger view




I put my name on the wait list at Angel Gown Project and waited a very long time to send them my wedding gown, but trust me, it was worth the wait. If you believe in signs from Heaven and want to hear the full story, just ask me one night at a Paint with a Purpose event and I will gladly share my story with you.  I was blessed with the most amazingly talented seamstress in Florida named LouAnn. She created 13 of the most beautiful gowns I have ever seen; each one is more beautiful than the next! You can see the care and love she puts into each one. She has also created a small matching heart that goes with each gown. On the gown she has sewn one wing and has placed the other wing on the matching heart, The parents keep the heart, giving them something tangible to hold on to and keep for eternity. I will be packaging each of these gowns up in tissue paper and placing them in a memory box before bringing them to Bridgeport Hospital and handing them off to the hardworking staff in the NICU. Many years ago, my mom worked as a nurse in Bridgeport Hospital's Labor and Delivery unit, so I am doing this in her honor.



























Connie from the Bridgeport Hospital NICU












The Gowns from the Angel Gown  Project

                                                            Me in my wedding gown                                      


  My matron of honor (my mom) and me











Packaging up the 13 dresses





















No comments:

Post a Comment