Wednesday, May 16, 2018

Bridgeport Hospital Delivery




We made our delivery to Bridgeport Hospital today. First we dropped by The Allison Family Neonatal Intensive Care Unit to bring the Angel Gowns made from my wedding gown and the hearts that were painted at April's Paint with a Purpose for the families who have babies in the NICU. We also dropped off some of this month's hearts for the nurses and CNA's who work on this floor with these tiny little treasures. We took of tour of this newly renovated unit. It is absolutely amazing how different it is from the days when I volunteered here during my high school career.  After we left this floor, we went upstairs to the Smilow Cancer Center. It has been a little over a year since I was last here, when mom lost her battle to cancer, but I wanted/needed to return and personally thank the nurses and staff that helped my mom on her final journey. Three of the four nurses who took care of her were there, and it was very healing for me to be able to thank them for all that they did for her and for me. Many hugs were given and tears were shed, but hearts were full and the healing for me continues...






Paige

George

Jill






No comments:

Post a Comment