Monday, March 18, 2019

Special Delivery

A Special Delivery!

Oh what fun I had today! I became a stalker in the best sense of the word. Today, I went out and began to deliver the hearts that we made for Postal Worker Appreciation. It started this morning at my own mail box.



My mail arrives relatively early, so I had my ears listening for the familiar hum of the mail truck as it heads up the hill of the street I live on. Once I heard it, I pulled on my coat and ran outside. I was standing at the edge of my driveway as my unsuspecting mail carrier pulled up. He is relatively new to the route, and we have waved hello on many occasions, but today when he saw me, he asked if I had something for him. He expected the answer to be that I had a letter for him to mail or something like that. Boy was he surprised when I said I had a gift for him! I explained to him about Hearts of Hope and the event we had last Tuesday and how we chose to paint for Postal Workers to thank them for they go through to deliver our mail... dealing with the weather, the angry dogs, the angry cats, the not always happy public... We just wanted to let them know that people really do appreciate what they do. 


Mine was so excited, he asked me to text him the photo so he could put it on his facebook page!

This is Marianne's mail carrier and her photo from yesterday.



The hearts were distributed in Shelton and Stratford.


Being Federal employees, not all of them wanted to have their faces photographed, but they did agree to let me photograph their hands holding their hearts!







It was a bit awkward approaching them, but once I explained who I was and what my intentions were, they all broke out into big smiles. They were all so proud and honored to receive a Heart.  Trust me, this small act of kindness made their year!

Tomorrow, I will head out again and continue to pass out more of our hearts. Being in on the delivery of hearts is an amazing experience, you get at least as much out of it as the person who receives the heart.  If you would like to come along on a delivery some day, just let me know! 



No comments:

Post a Comment