Thursday, August 23, 2018

Crosby Commons Delivery August 23, 2018

Today we were "invited to put on a presentation about Hearts of Hope at Crosby Commons Assisted Living in Shelton. I say "invited" as I sorted of did the inviting myself. My stepfather is now living there and I am trying to find ways to help him make friends in this new community. I have had no trouble talking to all of the people I meet there, but he has not been having the same success (at least that is his take, so I take that with a grain of salt). So I figured that by putting on a Hearts of Hope presentation, I could make him the Big Man on Campus for the day. 

Of course, I forgot that meant I would have to speak in front of the group as Connie is in South Carolina this week. I really hate having to speak in front of groups of adults. Put me in front of a group of kids, no problem, that's my sweet spot, but I feel a bit awkward in front of adults. 


I would also like to thank my volunteers Debi, Sasha, and GiGi for coming out to provide moral support and passing out the hearts to the residents. I love hearing you interact with the people, explaining who made the heart for them and reading the message to them. It really makes the giving and receiving of the hearts so much more personal for the receiver of the gift. 

 I wonder if anyone will show up?

 I am the PowerPoint Queen, so maybe they will look at the pictures and not focus on me...













No comments:

Post a Comment